Sunday, December 2, 2007

O Tannenbaum!


Matthew and I decorated the house for Christmas last night.  It was a date night, and I told Matthew to surprise me.  Well, after I got home from grocery shopping there was a seven and a half foot tree in our living room!  Matthew had decided that for our date night we would decorate the tree.  It was a lot of fun, and it made me remember how much I love the Christmas season.  We even listened to Frank, Bing and Nat while we decorated!

I also put out my nativity scene that Matthew bought me from his first deployment to Iraq.  It is hand carved from olive wood and was sold to him by an Iraqi who became a Christian after the fall of Saddam Hussein.  At the time Matthew bought the set from him in 06, this man was having to move his family every two weeks to a different home, not only because he was a Christian, but also because he was working with Americans.   Whenever I look at this nativity, I am reminded how blessed I am to live in a country where I can openly practice my faith without fear of reprisals.

This past week was a very busy week for both of us, as Matthew finished his obligations with his unit.   I was busy getting back in the habit of my old routine, as well as accompanying Matthew to a few events for his unit.  This week looks to be just as busy, but less stressful.  






3 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful tree and nativity scene Matt. What a perfect date decorating the tree and celbrating the Season.
Merry Christmas to you both.
Love Ya
Aunt Nancy and Uncle Lee

April said...

It's high time you blogged again. Here's some motivation. You've been tagged. See my blog under "me in a nutshell."

April said...

Should I be holding my breath for another Christmas post? :)