Thursday, November 15, 2007

He's Home!!!!!

Matthew is home! He arrived on Monday afternoon around 12:30 PM. Sorry it took so long to post an entry and photo, we had a hard time finding one, and here's the funny story behind this one:

The light in the gym that day was AWFUL, and so none of our photos really turned out, they were all quite blurry. So the morning after his arrival we went to get a morning Starbucks and I told Matthew, "You know, there were newspaper photographers there, lets just get a copy of the Gazette and maybe there is a photo with us in it somewhere." So we got the paper, and when they handed it to us through the Starbucks drive thru we were shocked. On the front page of the Colorado Springs newspaper was the above photo of Matthew and I, with a story about his units return.

I wanted to take a moment to thanks some people: Thanks Mom and Dad Kohn for coming out here and keeping me company those last few days, it meant more than you'll ever know. Thanks to Jen, Amy, April, Tom, Kim, Needra, Renee, David, Valerie and Chip, John and Heather for praying for me during some of the hard times of this deployment. Thanks to everyone, everywhere, some of whom I'll never know who prayed for God's protection over Matthew this past 15 months. Gosh, how can I thank everyone enough? Thanks everyone!

We have been having a great time together since Matthew returned. A lot of our time is just spent talking, telling stories and catching up on all the little details you don't get a chance to share with each other over the course of a deployment. This afternoon we are going on our first hike together since he came back, which is one of the things I really missed doing together with Matthew when he was gone.

Keep checking the blog for updates and more posts. Now that we have gotten "alone time" I plan to post more regularly.

4 comments:

April said...

How exciting! You two are celebrities :)

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!! Welcome home Matthew!! I'm so happy for you both! It brings me back to Stan and my reunion!!!! Have fun, enjoy eachother and chat with you soon!

Anonymous said...

PS... anonymous is Amanda :) Have a nice Thanksgiving

Thalia said...

We've been praying for Matthew's safe and speedy return- glad he's home. Jim and Helen say hi! Love you, Nathalia